We are seeking an Investment Officer to grow our portfolio in Indonesia. We are looking for a candidate who is socially driven and who has strong investment skills, particularly in the field of mezzanine finance and venture debt.
Capital 4 Development Partners (C4D Partners) is an Impact Investment Fund Manager based in the Netherlands with investment offices in Indonesia, the Philippines and India.
C4D Partners has been managing the Capital 4 Development Global Fund over the last 5 years and invested through this fund in over 30 Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in developing and emerging markets across the globe. This fund was established by ICCO Cooperation, a leading development organization from the Netherlands.
C4D Partners recently launched the C4D Asia Fund (current size USD 30m at first closing and USD 50m target size) to invest in the Indonesia, the Philippines and India. C4D Asia Fund is an Impact Fund through which we aim to deliver both social and financial returns to investors.
In Indonesia and the Philippines, the C4D Asia Fund targets inclusive and growing SMEs through mezzanine financing and venture debt. In India we primarily invest through equity and equity-related instruments. In Indonesia transactions for the Fund will range between USD 200k – USD 2m per portfolio company.
Our mission is to create positive social-economic impact by investing in SMEs that either:
- Create decent and sustainable jobs;
- Improve the market position of non-commercialized (agri) suppliers;
- Offer basic products and services to clients, benefiting low-income and vulnerable population;
- Achieve gender equality, by including women in their supply chains and staffing and by investing at least 30% of the committed capital in Women SMEs.
We are seeking an Investment Officer for our Indonesia team to support the Management in the sourcing, due diligence and execution of impact investment deals (primarily mezzanine / venture debt). We are looking for a candidate who is socially driven and who has strong financial analysis skills. The candidate should have the ambition and potential to grow over the next few years into (senior) Investment Manager role.
The Investment Officer will be involved in C4D Partners’ investing activities in Indonesia. The Investment Officer is responsible for the complete investment cycle ranging from deal sourcing, analysis/diligence, transaction closing (mezzanine and venture debt), and post-investment portfolio management and support to investee companies up to realizing exits. The role is highly entrepreneurial and analytical, spanning emerging market investing, consulting/management and with a focus on social-economic impact.
The Investment Officer will be an integral part of our Asia team and will have exposure to all aspects of our business and is responsible for leading deals by her / himself. The team in Indonesia currently consists of the Managing Partners based in Bandung. Investment support (such as analyst) will be provided by our teams in the Philippines and India. The posting location is in Bandung and optionally a few days per week in Jakarta (from a co-sharing space).
- Industry and market research for potential impact investees which have the potential to generate financial as well as social and environmental returns;
- Screening, shortlisting and engaging with companies to create a viable investment pipeline;
- Engage with promising companies in (pre-) Due Diligence phase and create detailed financial models, produce Investment Memo’s for decision making in the Pre-Investment Committee and Investment Committee;
- Participate in investment negotiations and structuring of transactions;
- Screening, due diligence and appraisal of potential investment opportunities;
- Complete due diligence and investment documentation;
- Maintaining relations with investees and portfolio management;
- Support all aspects of investment portfolio management, monitoring the social and financial performance of existing investments, and reviewing management information and compliance with covenants;
- Identify and provide non-financial support needs of investee companies.
- 3- 5 years of experience in finance and investments;
- Strong background in mezzanine and / or venture debt finance;
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, structuring, closing and managing debt and/or mezzanine transactions;
- Previous experience with social/impact investing is desirable.
Essential skill set
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- High proficiency in MS Office;
- High proficiency and writing skills in English;
- Solid foundation in accounting and (Excel) financial model development;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to relate sensitively to a wide and diverse range of individuals and organizations;
- Passion for social / development impact using business models;
- Willingness to travel regularly;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi culture business environment;
- Prior entrepreneurial experience is a pre.
Candidates should apply via e-mail with subject line as “Investment Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org: a CV (maximum 3 pages) and cover letter describing your relevant qualifications as well as your motivations to seek a career opportunity in impact investing with C4D Partners. The application deadline is February 15th 2019.
Kindly mention your salary expectation and notice period in your cover letter.
C4D Partners is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to create a diverse working environment by providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons.