We are seeking a Senior Investment Officer to grow our portfolio in the Philippines. We are looking for a candidate who is socially driven and who has strong investment skills, particluarly in the field of mezzanine finance and venture debt.
Capital 4 Development Partners (C4D Partners), formerly ICCO Investments, is an Impact Investment Fund Manager based in the Netherlands with investment offices in the Philippines, Indonesia and India.
C4D Partners has been managing the Capital 4 Development Global Fund over the last 5 years and invested through this fund in over 30 Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in developing and emerging markets across the globe. This fund was an open-ended Fund established by ICCO Foundation, a leading development organization from the Netherlands.
C4D Partners is now launching the C4D Asia Fund (USD 30m first close and USD 50m target close) to invest in the Philippines, Indonesia and India. Through this fund we aim to deliver both social and financial returns to investors.
In the Philippines and Indonesia, the C4D Asia Fund targets inclusive and growing SMEs through mezzanine financing and venture debt. In India we primarily invest through equity and equity-related instruments.
Our mission is to create positive social-economic impact by investing in SMEs that either:
- Create decent and sustainable jobs
- Improve the market position of non-commercialized (agri) suppliers
- Offer basic products and services to clients, benefitting low-income and vulnerable population
- Achieve gender equality, by including women in their supply chains and staffing and by investing at least 30% of the committed capital in Women SMEs
The Senior Investment Officer will be involved in C4D Partners’ investing activities in the Philippines, including deal sourcing, analysis/diligence, transaction closing (mezzanine and venture debt), and post-investment support to investee companies. The role will be highly entrepreneurial and analytical, spanning emerging market investing, consulting/management and with a focus on social-economic impact.
The Senior Investment Officer will be an integral part of our team and will have exposure to all facets of our business and responsible for leading deals by her / himself. The team in Quezon City currently consists of an Investment Manager and is headed by our Managing Partner based in Indonesia. There will be close collaboration between the Investment Manager and the Senior Investment Officer where each will lead deals and additional support is provided by the other.
- Industry and market research for potential impact investees which have the potential to generate financial as well as social and environmental returns;
- Screening, shortlisting and engaging with companies to create a viable investment pipeline;
- Engage with promising companies and creating detailed financial models and projections, Information Memorandum for decision making in the Pre-Investment Committee and Investment Committee;
- Participating in investments negotiations and structuring of the transaction;
- Screening, due diligence and appraisal of potential investment candidates;
- Complete due diligence and investment documentation;
- Maintaining relations with investees and portfolio management;
- Support all aspects of investment portfolio management, monitoring the social and financial performance of existing investments, and reviewing management information and compliance with covenants;
- Identifying and providing non-financial support to the investee companies;
- 8 to 10 years of experience in finance, preferably in mezzanine finance
- Strong background in mezzanine and / or venture debt finance. Transactions for the Fund will range between USD 200k – USD 2m per portfolio company.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, structuring, closing and managing debt and/or mezzanine transactions;
- Previous exposure to social/impact investing will be desirable;
Essential Skill Set
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- High proficiency in MS Office;
- Solid foundation in accounting and (Excel) financial model construction;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to relate sensitively to a wide and diverse range of individuals and organizations;
- Passion for social / development impact using business models;
- Willingness to travel regularly;
- Ability to work effectively across multiple international cultures;
- Prior entrepreneurial experience would be preferred.
Interested candidates should mail, with subject line “Senior Investment Officer”, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com: a CV (maximum 3 pages) and covering letter describing your relevant qualifications as well as your motivations for seeking a career opportunity in impact investment. The application deadline is November 30, 2018.
Kindly mention your salary expectation and notice period.
C4D Partners is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to create a diverse working environment by providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons.